Over 1,000 Yellow Maps available in shops across the UK
Yellow Maps, the handy, water resistant, local map range is now on sale in stores across the country. Perfectly sized to fold in your pocket, laminated against wind and rain, and larger scale for all to read, Yellow Maps are ideal for walk, drive, hike or bike.
Using large scale Ordnance Survey mapping data in a convenient, sturdy format, Yellow Maps takes the hard work out of map reading – a relief to anyone who has wrestled with a large paper sheet map on a wet and windy day!
The award-winning range first launched in the West Country four years ago with a handful of titles, quickly becoming a firm favourite with walkers and cyclists, and expanded by producing maps for independent retailers wanting titles covering their local patch. It now boasts over 1,000 titles on sale in some 2,000 outdoor, gift, and book shops, tourist offices, museums, hotels, holiday parks and campsites across the UK, and on the Yellow Maps website – www.yellowpublications.co.uk. As well as local area maps, titles include long-distance footpaths, national parks and cycle routes.
Sean Quigly, of Yellow Publications which produces Yellow Maps, said: “We like to describe our water resistant maps as easy to read, easy to hold, easy to fold and they fit in your pocket. Whether you are taking your dog for a walk, freewheeling down country lanes or hiking up a Munro, we almost certainly have a map to fit the bill….and if we don’t, it won’t be long before we do!”
The Yellow Map ‘family’ includes:
- the best-selling Around & About walking map range (Scale 1:16 000 approx 4 inches to 1 mile) makes navigation trouble-free and, with the greater clarity, helps the user to spot interesting features so easily missed on a normal map. Laminated for weatherproofing. Useful scale ruler for distance and walk time. Slips easily into your pocket. Areas: alphabetically range from ‘Abbotsford, Melrose & Galashiels’ to ‘Yeovilton, Mudford & Queen Camel’. Format: Double-sidedMap. Size: 47 x 32 cms RRP: £3.99 each.
- Here and There laminated cycle maps make cycling easy. Ideally suited to visitors looking to cycle around the area they are staying. Based on Ordnance Survey’s Landranger mapping blown up from the standard 1:50 000 scale, these maps really make navigation trouble-free when a-wheel (Scale 1:40 000). Useful scale ruler for distance and cycle time with cycle route index. Areas: alphabetically range from ‘Alton to Hartington, Ashbourne, Tissington & Waterhouses’ to ‘Worcester to Ledbury, Great Malvern & Bromyard’. Format: Double-sided Map. Map size: 47 x 32 cms RRP: £3.99
- Zigzag maps come in a concertina strip format, hence their name, and with 200 cm of mapping can follow a long distance footpath at a scale of 1:16 000 for up to 30 miles (depending on the wiggles). Like all Yellow Maps they are made for convenience, you only need to unfold 2 panels at a time and you can keep on flipping over to follow the path. Areas: alphabetically range from ‘Abbot’s Way’ to ‘Worcestershire Way’. Format: Double-sided, laminatedconcertina strip map. Cover size: 10 x 27 cms. Map size: 100 x 26 cms (per side) RRP: £7.99
- Yellow Map Atlas Based on Ordnance Survey’s Landrangermapping blown up to 1:40 000 from the standard 1:50 000 scale, the Yellow Map Atlas takes the booklet format and turns it into a map. Each page has a fold so when alternate pages are unfolded you end up with a map 43 x 26 cm. This map atlas really makes navigation trouble-free with its greater clarity and it will still fit in a pocket. Areas: Brecon Beacons, Forest of Dean, Isle of Skye, New Forest etc. Format: Folding booklet (16 maps) with laminated cover only. Cover size: 11 x 26 cms. Map size: 43 x 26 cms. RRP: £11.99
- Also available Parish Maps and Boxed Sets.
More information on areas covered by Yellow Maps, and local retailers, can be found at www.yellowpublications.co.uk
For further media information please contact: Emma Mason on 07762 117433, firstname.lastname@example.org, @emmamasonpr or on Facebook at Emma Mason PR.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Yellow Publications has expanded from producing the traditional, much loved West Country tide tables to become a national brand with maps and distributors nationwide. Based in Cornwall, the family-owned business was borne from the owners’ wish to make maps more user friendly.